Travel Grant Recipients
Delegates (travel grants sponsored by SBIC)
- Kamila Stokowa-Soltys, University of Wroclaw, Poland
- Chew Hee Ng, International Medical University, Malaysia
- Kai-Ti Chu, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
- Chalermchai Pilapong, Chiang Mai University, Thailand
- Wikum Widuranga Kumbukgolla, Rajarata University of Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka
- Chandan Mukherjee, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India
- Arthur David Tinoco, University of Puerto Rico Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico
- Luca Ronconi, National University of Ireland Galway, Ireland
- Muhammad Hanif, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Ena Yano, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Students (travel grants sponsored by SBIC)
- Sirilata Polepalli, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
- Prasenjit Sarkar, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India
- Ananya Rakshit, TATA Institute of Fundamental Research, India
- Sayani Das, TATA Institute of Fundamental Research, India
- Mahmuda Khannam, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India
- Seema Kirar, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Research and Education Mohali Punjab, India
- Mohd Anas Shamsi, Jamia Millia Islamia, India
- Kelvin Ki Ho Tong, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Dianna Truong, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Betty Yuen Tung Lee, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Mathew Paul Sullivan, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Students (travel grants sponsored by CAS)
- Ricardo Andres Parra Cruz, University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus, Malaysia
- Sharifa Zaithun Begum, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
The organizer, with the support from the Society of Biological Inorganic Chemistry (SBIC) and CAS (a division of American Chemical Society) for their generous support. , has set aside limited funds, in the form of waived or reduced registration fee, to help participants defray their costs of attending AsBIC9,
To encourage geographical and gender diversity, priority will be given to female students/scientists as well as students/scientists from developing*/under-represented countries.
*For the list of developing countries, refer to: https://www.isi-web.org/index.php/resources/developing-countries
The selection process will be overseen by the Organizing Chair and the criteria used for the selection process include assessment of the quality of the science, the value of the contribution to the conference session, the relative career stage of the applicant, with preference towards junior scientists.
Travel Support Offered:
Registration waiver for student#
[worth SGD 510 (~ USD 380) per student]
#“STUDENT” is defined as full-time undergraduate or postgraduate student in a recognized tertiary institute such as university and polytechnic.
Discounted registration rate @ SGD 510 (~ USD 380) per researcher/scientist
[instead of the delegate registration fee of SGD 1,010 (~USD 760)]
- Submit abstract for review by 1 JULY 2018 (extended to) 15 AUGUST 2018.
- Submit APPLICATION FORM by 23:59 hrs on 15 JULY 2018. (extended to) 15 AUGUST 2018
The Organizing Committee will review all applications and notify successful applicants by email by 21 August 2018.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Successful applicants (recipients) MUST complete their registration and payment of fees by 01 SEPTEMBER 2018 (Offer lapses if recipient fails to complete the payment of registration fees by this deadline).
- Recipients MUST be the presenting author to attend and present at AsBIC9
- The waiver or reduced registration fee offered is NOT transferable to another applicant or co-author
- The organizer reserves the right to grant partial-support.
- Decision of the selection panel is final and no appeal will be entertained.
- For enquiries, please contact the Secretariat at: email@example.com