Graeme Hanson-AsBIC Early Career Researcher Awards 2018 Recipients
Woon Ju Song
Seoul National University, South Korea
National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
The Graeme Hanson-AsBIC Early Career Researcher Award provides support and recognition to scientists at the beginning of their careers. The support of early career researchers was at the heart of Graeme Hanson’s work throughout his career. The awards will be made for excellence in the broad field of biological inorganic chemistry covering, but not limited to,
- Metalloproteins – Structure and Function
- Metals in Medicine
- Metal Ion Transport and Homeostasis
- Metals in Physiology and Disease
- Molecular Imaging – Multiple Modalities
- Environmental Biological Inorganic Chemistry
- Spectroscopy and Computational Chemistry
There will be TWO awards to be given out at AsBIC-9 in December 2018. The Awardees will be presented with a cash award, a certificate and a citation describing their research career for which the award has been made. The Awardees will be invited to present their latest research results in the award lectures.
Participants at AsBIC-9 who are Society of Biological Inorganic Chemistry (SBIC) members and have been awarded a PhD degree on or after 1 January 2010 are eligible to apply for the award.
Career interruptions will be taken into consideration and they include the following:
- Carer’s responsibility;
- Disruption due to international relocation for post-doctoral studies or other research employment not exceeding 3 months per international relocation;
- Maternity or parental leave; and/or
- Unemployment, or non-research employment.
Closing Date: 15 August 2018
Notification of Outcome: by 30 September 2018
Applications for the award involve submission of:
- Nomination letter (by applicant) highlighting 3 important publications
- Curriculum vitae including a list of publications
- Names of three referees, who may be consulted by the Selection Committee,
- A 300-word citation and,
- Title and a 300-word abstract of the award lecture
- The Award Evaluation Committee will be nominated by the local organizing committee of AsBIC-9.
- The Award Evaluation Committee reserves the right to make no award.
- Awardees will have to deliver make an oral presentation at AsBIC-9.
- The decision of the panel is final and no appeal will be entertained.